Thursday, June 30, 2011

9 Months Old!!!

Look at this cool kid. Can you believe he is 9 months old?!? So suave and stylish...one might say he reeks of coolness ;) We had so much fun at his nine month appointment. I love my doctor. He makes me feel like I am the best mom in the whole world! So here is Sam's update.....

~weight- 17 lbs 11 ounces
~height-25th percentile
~head-55th percentile
~low iron :(

Ya so I guess Sam is a little anemic, but I always am so maybe he just gets that from me ;) One thing I have learned so quickly is that there is always something to be worried about! I don't know if I shared before about Sam's weight, but he wasn't gaining any for a few months there and I was SO scared. He now is in the 15th percentile, where as before he dropped from the 50th to the 5th percentile. It was an intense couple of months, but he seems to be chunkier than ever now :) So on to the next crisis!

Some new fun facts about Sam.......he is busier then ever! He has to have some sort of a toy or a mission to accomplish and then he seems to be perfectly happy. I miss our quiet morning routine of him kicking on his play mat while I ate my oatmeal....now he is off and crawling everywhere. He loves the bathroom for some gross reason and I always have to keep him away from the plunger :( He also loves the stairs! Eeeeek! He can crawl up them all by himself! (dad if you are reading this don't worry....I don't let him do it all by himself...hehe) He is such a little climber. When I come to get him after his nap he is either sitting and playing with a toy or standing and waiting for me to come. I still just can't comprehend how he knows how to sit or stand by himself. He should still be a little baby and just lay there! He will eat whatever we are eating and with some help from his Grandpa he can drink little sips out of a cup! He has two big teeth (Kevin's teeth) on the bottom and his hair is actually getting pretty long on top! He can clap, wave, and give high fives and our most favorite as of recently.....give kisses. Man he started kissing fast! (again.....like father like son) I'm in trouble! Did Sam get anything from me? Oh wait......the low iron.......haha!


And lastly, he can play the piano with his eyes closed while sitting in a bumbo! (now how many of you can do that? hmmmm???) He is our little prodigy :) hehe!

Nine months down and forever to go! I love this little guy so much. I wrote a song a while back called Only Forever will do and I am starting to realize how true that statement is :)



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 9 months!! That's so crazy and Sam is so big! You have such a darling little family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie. My favorite little 9 month old stud :) And my boys loved the plunger too- boys... they're so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owen had a thing for the plunger too! He's grown out of it thought so there's hope for Sam. Thanks for letting us come swim with you the other day! It was so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And such a funny piano picture!!! Bret found Clara playing in his grandma's TOILET the other day. Nasty!

    ReplyDelete