Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer!


It's finally summer! Woot woot! I am so happy that it is officially summertime. There is such an energy all around once school is out and all the kids are free! I love seeing them out and playing with their friends, eating pop-cycles, running thru the sprinklers, having lemonade stands, riding their bikes, having grass fights, making up dances on the driveway.........ok, so maybe these are things that I like to do! Teehee! Today really does feel like the first true day of summer :)

This is Sam's first summer EVER and I want it to be one he will always remember (well probably not) but at least enjoy ;) So last night I starting thinking about all the fun things I want to do this summer and I ended up with a pretty sweet list. Now keep in mind that last summer I looked like this..........


I was pretty limited on what I could/wanted to do so I am taking full advantage of feeling spry and alive this summer.....ya that's right......spry! So here it is, wish me luck!

Summer to do list~

*Play at a park at least once a week
*Go swimming
*Get our food storage up and going
*Fly a kite
*Go to lagoon and ride Wicked
*Go to the zoo
*Eat cotton candy
*Learn how to make Jam
*Go to a concert in the park
*Eat sushi in Park City
*Finish the Book of Mormon
*Learn how to run......maybe.....still deciding :)
*Have a Harry Potter marathon
*Learn how to make meatloaf...Mmmmm!
*Put together a scrapbook for Sam
*Get more piano gigs (hint hint.....call me if you want me;)
*Eat a bowl full of peaches
*Be able to do a real push up
*Take ballet class
*Do a good deed every day
*Get a Bob's Brainfreeze with cream and icecream!
*Compose a new song
*Have a reunion with all my old ballet buddies
*Take up a new hobbie.....any ideas?
*Paint our kitchen
*Do a one handed cartwheel

Well there you have it. I really hope I'll be able to cross off all these things and more once the summer is over. And of course I want to do all of them with Sam (except for ride Wicked at Lagoon......sorry Sam.....too scary!) I wouldn't enjoy any of these things if I wasn't sharing them with my boys :) (Hmmm except for maybe that bowl of peaches......hehe!) Can you tell how giddy I am?!? Well, I better get busy! I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes!!! Stay tuned for Sam's 9 month appointment.....it'll be a good one ;)




4 comments:

  1. Definitely get a Bob's Brainfreeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of those things!!! i will motivate you to run :) i love running!! the reunion especially :) oh man i miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun list!!! Let's do them all together ;) or at least the sushi in park city!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we SO WILL!!! I don't think I could ever eat there without you guys now.....Mmmmm so amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete