Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby you're a Firework!





Our busy Sam is definitely a little firework, but does he like them? NOPE!!! This fourth of July weekend was a blast except for one tiny little thing......the fireworks. I've never seen him so scared before and I hate it :( I'm not just talking about the ones you do on the street at your family party...(we can just hide him from those ones)...I'm talking about the "illegal" fireworks that for some reason are legal this year. We live close to Evergreen Jr. High and every night since Friday somebody has been lighting off the HUGE ones and our place literally shakes it is so loud. Don't get me wrong, I love America but it is now Wednesday and I really want a night free from this war zone we have been living in. So here's your official warning (whoever has been doing them) if you do them again after ten we are calling the cops! That's right!!! Sorry.....I'm just a little sleep deprived......can you tell???

Anyways, back to the good stuff......we played with the Davis clan Friday and Saturday night and enjoyed a delicious bbq. I love spending time with Kevin's family. I spent the whole night pretending I was the pink power ranger with Aidan and Eli. I think I've really got the moves down ;) Monday morning we went to the parade and had a yummy brunch at my mom's after. Here are some pics of us at the parade!








We had so much fun getting candy at the parade! No one can yell out "CANDY" like Claydawg can! Sam ate his first sucker! My parents are incredible....every year they have all the grandchildren sleepover and then they take them to the parade the next morning. I can't wait till Sam is old enough to go :) Hopefully they will still want to do it by then! hehe!!!

Kevin had a gig in Duchesne that night so me and Sam headed to the Davis/Burton Party. I'm so glad that I am so comfortable with my in-laws that I can go to a party without Kevin and still have a great time :) I am so lucky!!! Kevin's gig went well except for the fact that there was a sudden down pour during the last song and all his gear got soaked! (It is still sitting in our living room drying off.) HA! All in all it was a great holiday and we had a great time as a family. Can't wait for next year.....hopefully Sam will be a little more excited to see some fireworks ;)

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. it seems you favor talking about the Davis clan over the McDonald clan... interesting...

    And no MORG mention? I mean, come one! Hahaha JK *winks*

    You are too funny... I laughed throughout this whole post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of sam in his swimming tube! Adorable!! How come your families are so fun?!? I think you should adopt us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh silly Morgie....one of these days I am going to dedicate an entire post just about you!!! You've officially been warned ;)

    That pic is so cute huh Jen?!? Love it...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast!! We're you at the Evergreen parade??

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep! We go every year :) So fun!!! Hope you are surviving without your boy!

    ReplyDelete