Thursday, December 1, 2011
This last week has been a long one. Sam and I have both been sick and it definitely took its toll on me. It is so hard to be a mom and be sick at the same time. Growing up I seriously can't remember my mom ever being sick.....EVER! Obviously this isn't true, she just was so tough and never stopped taking such great care of us. I really have a lot to learn and a long way to go!
So poor Sam woke us up early one morning and we honestly didn't know what we were hearing. It sounded like a seal/horn/dog barking. We took him in right away and they told us that he had an ear infection and the croup. One would think that he would act fussy or sad, but even at the doctor's office he was all smiles. I don't know where this kid gets his strength, but he is one tough little dude. (Actually I am 99.9 % positive he gets it from his dad) Time and time again he has ceased to amaze me.....even before he was even born! I wish I could be more like him :)
I on the other hand felt pretty sick for a few days and struggled to get anything done and then WHAM! It hit me hard and I was totally flat on my back. I don't know what I would do without Kevin. He is THE BEST at taking care of me. He took off work and stayed home and let me cry, whine, shiver, sweat, shake, cough, gag, sniff, moan.........the works. It was not a pretty sight. It's amazing how someone can love you through all that. Love you Kevbev ;)
Ok, so while I was out of commission I made a mental list of things that every person needs when they are sick (besides Kevin.....sorry but he is mine). Here you go-
1. First and foremost you need You've Got Mail-it is the best sick flick and I'm pretty sure that I watched it five times in the last few days.
2. All season's of The Office- this is for when you need a small break from You've Got Mail.
3. Grape juice- soothes the throat and your soul.
4. Afrin nasal spray- this has changed my life and I owe it all to the Davis fam. Thank you!
5. And last but not least you need a berry smoothie from shivers-so delicious and you can snack on it for days and it will taste as good as the first day you bought it.
Next time you feel poorly try a few, if not all of these methods and I promise it will help your time go by faster. There is one thing that is better then all of these things combined though........a mom or in my case, a Kevbev ;)
Oh and here is a sneak peak at our family pics we got done by my amazing friend Jen! I love them so much! Thank you Jen ;)
So fun :) Oh and for kicks and giggles here are some of the pictures we got when a random horse showed up during our photo shoot.........