Monday, June 13, 2011

RCTX........

For those of you who didn't know, I spent the last three and a half years working as a dental assistant before I had Sam. Best job I've ever had! I learned a ton and I hope to learn even more in the future.

RCTX stands for Root Canal therapy and today I am sad to announce that I had my first Root Canal :( It wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be....so I guess that's good news! It was done on tooth #10, was 21 mm, and size 60 gp. Haha ok so no one should understand that (I just like sounding smart every once in a while). Basically it was my front tooth and the canal was 21 millimeters long and the gutta percha used to fill it was a size 60.....now that's a fat tooth!
Just some fun facts I thought were interesting! Basically what happens when you get a Root Canal is a series of tiny files go up and clean out the pulp of the tooth so it is left with no nerves and is essentially dead and the space is disinfected and then filled.
Here's how nerdy I am....I took a picture of the gutta percha before it was cemented in. (Normally a dental dam is used, but my tooth was too small for it to stay on...haha)

Look how happy I look! I just love talking teeth!!! :) Needless to say I am SO EXCITED to not feel pain there anymore. Woot woot! First order of business when the anesthesia wears off....eat a bowl of cereal! Haven't been able to eat one in months because the cold milk was too painful.

I was really scared last night about getting it done and here is a conversation Kevin and I had.....pretty sure he was trying to make me feel better....pretty sure it worked.....hehe :)
Kevin-"Hey Boo, do you know what scares me?"
me-"No, what?"
Kevin-"Rabbits.....I mean why do their ears have to be that big? They can't even talk!"
me- lots of giggles
Kevin-"And that fluffy ball of a tail? They can't even wag it!!!"
me- explosion of laughter
Kevin-"Ya......Rabbits are scary!"

I can barely type I am laughing so hard again right now! I should probably mention that this conversation took place while we were brushing our teeth.....for some reason that makes it even funnier to me! Teehehehehehe!!! No one makes me laugh like my Kevbev does ♥
So if anyone reading this has to go do something uncomfortable or scary, I encourage you to think of those rabbits.....now that's scary :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all you are SO brave!! And you are super smart with all your tooth talk ;) And second of all, Kevin is hysterical!! You guys are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you are so sweet Jen! We have to hang out again soon because I have even more stories about it that I know you and Josh will appreciate...teehee ;)

    ReplyDelete