Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter!

What an amazing Easter we had this year! It all exceeded my expectations and honestly kept getting better and better ;) So much happened so I'll give you a little run down of what went on......

~Friday night me and Kevin's sister Michelle dyed a ton of Easter eggs. It was so much fun! We had some mad skills. I love the crayon that you can write secret messages on the eggs with......reminded me of dying eggs with my family and sneaking "Clayton stinks!" on a few eggs.....he he he :)

~ Saturday morning we went over to Evergreen's big Easter Egg hunt for the first time and Sam found six eggs! He actually got into it and it was so much fun seeing him so excited. The best part was when a giant guy in an Easter Bunny costume was walking around and Sam went right up to him and grabbed his legs and hugged him! He wouldn't let go! He is such a sweetie :)

~Then we went to Dans and got a bunch of donuts (Kevin made me pick them out......I about had a heart attack......never knew making decisions about donuts would be so challenging for me....they all looked so good!) We took them over to Kevin's parents and had a party! It turned out that Kevin's brother's kids missed their egg hunt so we put together an impromptu hunt and it was AWESOME. Some of the eggs had money in them! MONEY!!! (unfortunately Sam did not find any of these eggs.....we will prep him for next year) But we all sat afterwards and ate candy on the lawn and had a great time together as a family. Cute Wendy wants to make this a new tradition! Oh how I love traditions ;)


~Then all of us girls went shopping for Sheri's birthday and I went on my hunt for my skinny jean colored crops. I'll tell you it was not looking good for me......I went into every store frantically asking if they had any and all of them said they were sold out. I totally gave up and was pretty grumpy, but my awesome sis-in-law Angie made me look in JC Penny where I found these bad boys!!!!! BAM! (yes I took this picture in the dressing room.....I sent it to Kevin to ask if I could pull them off.....he never replied so I took a risk and got them anyways!)

~I spent the rest of the night with Michelle while Kevin worked and it was great. She is so awesome. I just love her to death! So glad we are so close......she's the best!

~Sunday came and Kevin had to speak in Church. I'm not sure how to tell you how amazing he was.....it was a farewell so it was packed all the way to the back and he didn't seem nervous at all! My cute friend Lisa took Sam for me so I could listen (Sam kept trying to run up to Kevin the second he started to speak) and throughout his entire talk I was grinning like some love sick idiot! He is just so great. He is so witty and smart and confident and powerful and I love him so much :) What a strong spirit he brought on such a special day. Wow. Ya.......I still don't even know what to say. Gah! Love him! ;)


~ Then finally we had my family's big annual Easter party and it was wonderful. It always starts with a big egg hunt and then we eat and chat and eat and laugh and eat some more. I love my family so much and it's so much fun watching them grow and expand. I love that we've kept up all our traditions for this long. It is so special!


~Sounds pretty great huh?!? Doesn't get much better then that! Oh wait....it totally does! I almost forgot.....so on top of all of that, a random girl was on the street with a horse and gave me and Sam a ride around the block! How cool is that??? Crazy! AND.....I finally got my girl scout cookies!!! I've been looking for some for years! Those blasted girl scouts totally hide from me (I was beginning to think there was a secret covert operation going on.....) So ya, I got a box of thin mints and tagalongs.....oh my sweet sweet tagalongs ;) So good......and now they are so gone :(


Amazing weekend. I love being apart of my family where we keep all our traditions going and being apart of the Davis family where we are forming our own new traditions. I am one lucky girl :) 


Here are the limited pics we took!

                                                                So stink'n CUTE!!!


                                                                Hunting with daddy!
                       We were both so happy and having so much fun, but needed a quick hug :)
                                                          So excited to have his eggs!
Sam on his way to Church.....he always has to have his practice pad and sticks to play with in the car ;) It's too bad you can't see his cute Easter outfit in this pic. Oh and on an unrelated note, does anyone know how to survive living with two drummers??? Anyone?!? ;)

And for fun here are these two.....sometimes it's fun to be nostalgic :)


                                                          
                                         Hoppy Easter!!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAM! You totally pull them off!

    And awwwww... I love the pics! Especially the nostalgic old school ones... we were the luckiest kids ever. I mean, look at those baskets!!!!!!

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it....all that candy!!! Do you remember the big edible egg with our names on it that would always be the last thing we ate? I really don't think I ever ate one......man I hated all that stringy grass paper in there! haha ;)

      Delete
  3. That pic of Sam with the Easter Bunny is so cute. I love holidays with kids. :)

    ReplyDelete