Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 16th Part 2..........

So I've had a bunch of people ask me if anything happened so I thought I'd better do another post! Before I continue I should say right off the bat that nothing huge or tragic happened......we are all ok and good to go! Something we have been waiting forever for did happen though and I should have mentioned it in my previous post. So since we closed on our place on April 16th that was the day we officially become home owners and received our $8,000 grant....(part of Obama's way of getting first time buyers to buy a home) Our grant was awesome because we didn't have to pay any of it back, as long as we lived here for three years. If we sold it or lived in any other home during that three year time period we would have to pay it back. At one point we were trying to buy Kevin's Grandma's house and we were stuck because we didn't want to have to pay that back and blah blah blah.....it was pretty frustrating. It all ended up working out the way it was supposed to, but honestly we have kind of felt trapped knowing that under no circumstances could we leave unless we forked over that 8 grand. 

So on April 16th that burden was lifted and we now have the freedom we've been waiting for! So now if someone does give us an offer (didn't happen on Monday unfortunately) we can move on it as fast as we want! So I guess that counts as something exciting?!? We did go and check out some ipads (I did almost buy one) but I still just can't decide if that's what I want......I guess that would have been cool and a pretty big deal. Dang! Maybe I should have bought one ;)

Oh and I guess another fun thing happened......we lowered our price! That's right! You can now live in this beautiful Townhome for only 127,000! Yes you heard me right....127,000! (did you like my advertising voice there?!?) Kevin talked with our agent and we all felt like that was a good idea so ya.....there you go!

Sorry if my news was a little anticlimactic for you. I'm just glad nothing horrible happened :) Onward we go! Oh and since I'm on here.....here are some pics I took in the last few days!

                  Sam and Clara holding hands after a fun date at the McDonald's Playplace :)
                                                         Sam loving the new Library!
 Sam loving the giant bird even more....(I think he may have a fetish with people dressed up as animals....I didn't get any pics of the other two characters he attacked with hugs)
         Me dressed up for our ward's Where's Waldo night.....(in person it looked way more real!)
 My hiding spot....at the kids play area at City Creek. I overheard two teenage girls talking about me. This is what I heard as they were walking away -"Whoa......did you see that girl?" "Ya I did..." "Wow she was so huge!" "Ya seriously huge!"- haha! It was fun acting prego. Made me miss it just a teeny tiny bit ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, cute kids! And I can't believe those girls were talking about you like that! I would've been offended....but only if I were really pregnant....haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... they were probably talking about me. They could see my belly from Riverton, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha!!!!!! Funny eavesdropping! And looooove the pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to freak a person out with the prego pic! Sometimes I look at the pictures before reading the post... My bad. You should have told those girls "Yeah?? Well that's what happens when you're pregnant with sextuplets!" Just to see the looks on their faces. :)

    ReplyDelete