Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16th




Today marks a very emotional day for me. April 16th, otherwise known as dooms day, has been a special date for the past four years. 

Four years ago today I was in my last final at the ballet department. It was towards the end of the final because I was doing 32 fuettes to the left and on my second to last fuette my back went out and all my dreams came crashing and spiraling down.........ok so maybe it wasn't that dramatic, but my back was sprained and they told me I couldn't dance for a year.  It was a pretty awful day......I knew that my body was giving up on me and I was trying my hardest  just to make it through that last semester so I could get that blasted degree I had worked so hard for. Luckily they didn't count anything against me and I passed and it all worked out....(maybe the ambulance that came and took my battered body out of the studio helped boost my grade up a little too).....but still I always knew I would never forget the date April 16th.

Fast forward exactly one year later. Kevin and I closed on our Townhome. We couldn't have been happier! It was a pretty rocky journey in buying our place so that day really was a celebration for us. I remember how weird it was to look back and remember how devastated and heart broken I was and then just one year later life couldn't be any more glorious or happy! We bought our first home :)

The next year I was pregnant with Sam and had a doctors appointment that day. It was the first one that Kevin could come with me and we were the last appointment of the day. Everything looked good and at the end of it my doctor asked if we wanted to go and take a peek and see if we could tell what we were having. Of course we said yes and he started the ultrasound and right away it was pretty clear that we were having a boy!!! It was so incredible! We didn't expect to find out that soon and it was one of the happiest moments of my life :)

Ok, so then last year Kevin woke up and had a strong feeling that we needed to get rid of our truck. It was kind of out of the blue. We loved this truck. It was where we had our first kiss, where Kevin's million drum sets could fit, it took us on all our road trips we'd taken together including our honeymoon to Santa Jorge :) At two different occasions though, both of the front wheels fell off (luckily both times he was driving in a parking lot and not on the freeway) so I guess it really was time to get rid of that death trap. We went right away to the car store (hmmmm I can't remember what those places are called......car store it is!) and traded in our truck and left with a brand spanking new Versa! It was exciting to have a new car and leave all our anxieties and fears about the Tacoma behind......I really would worry every night that Kevin wouldn't make it back home to me. So ya, yet another big event took place on April 16th! 
(Still to this day I pray for whoever bought that car and hope they are still alive!!! If you are reading this, please know that I am truly deeply sorry!)

That puts us up to speed and brings us to today.......I've been a little nervous to tell you the truth. What big event will happen today? Will I win a free ipad? Will I bump into Ramin Karimloo on the street and burst into song? Will I come across more girl scout cookies???  Ya probably nothing will happen, but as you can see my history does prove otherwise ;) I woke up hoping that maybe we would get an offer on our place. That would definitely be huge and the best thing ever! Nothing like that has happened yet, but there are still 9 more hrs left of the day so you never know ;) We will just have to wait and see. I'll let you know if my April 16th streak continues.....at this point I'm kinda rooting for more girl scout cookies...... ;)

As for you, keep spreading the word to your family and friends about our place. We would really appreciate all the help and prayers we can get. Means a lot. Thanks :) Well until next time...........happy blogging and happy April 16th :)

8 comments:

  1. What a fun date in your lives! Maybe your awesome event for the day could be planning to go out for sushi with us this friday?? :) But I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you guys to get an offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Car place" <----Bahahahaha!!!! I love it.

    Eerie... Uncanny... Sinister... The dreaded Day of April 16th...

    Keep me posted. Still lots of hours left in the day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly! It's good we didn't end up playing today....I would've had to come up with something very magical. Or tragical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how 1 day has been so big for the past 4 years! I hope something out of the ordinary happens today so you can continue this awesome streak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today could be the day you officially get a new BFF! What d'ya say??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....that could possibly be the biggest thing to happen yet!!! Instead of BFFs lets say BFFBY - Best Friends Forever Boo Yah! HA ;)

      Delete
  6. SOOOO did anything happen?? I've been hoping for a blog update all day!

    ReplyDelete