Monday, September 9, 2013

Conflict



Do you ever have days where you feel like you are letting everyone down and every person in the whole wide world is upset with you? Even yourself? Well today is totally one of those days for me. I don't know why but I feel like I keep getting in situations where I end up getting in trouble and disappointing people. Bleh! It's the worst feeling ever! 

It is so hard to feel like you are excelling in your calling at church, with household demands, with personal goals.....physical and spiritual, taking care of your kids, taking care of your spouse, being healthy, serving others, being kind, being outgoing, being a good friend, being a good mom....... I seriously feel like I'm going to explode!

It's hard when you feel like you are failing at everything. Now this is NOT a post where I am fishing for compliments. Not at all. I'm not even sure why I am writing all this. I guess it's kind of therapeutic. I think right now it's just the perfect storm. I just want to find a good balance and well basically be a better person. Does anyone else struggle with any of this? Am I crazy??? I just want to be one of those people that you see and you think to yourself, "Wow. That person really has it together." "She is so kind." "You can always count on her, she is so dependable."

There is a lot of pressure to be perfect in the world, especially the "mommy world."I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be someone who is always there for someone no matter what. I want to be someone who has a desire to go above and beyond in everything she does-not just gets by. Sheesh. I guess I have a lot of work to do.....lol!

 Anyways, on to some upbeat news......Baby Jane had her four month appointment today! She is still off the chart in her weight category (skinny little thing!) but she is in the 75th percentile for height! Tall and skinny......I'd say she has a good chance of becoming a ballerina if she wants to be ;) She is so much fun. I'm excited to bust out the rice cereal and have her try some new foods! She is such a sweetheart. I absolutely love her!




                                                              Our little keebler elf :)



 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (If I was cool like Morgan I'd figure out how to type an arrow that pointed upwards to the comment above that I deleted just because I had a typo in my comment that bothered me). Anyway...

    This is where it's my job to give you the ultimate pep talk, Boo. To tell you every cliche in the book about how amazing you are and how your baby is still only 4 MONTHS OLD so why in the world are you getting hard on yourself now?, etc. etc. etc. All of those things are indeed true. But if you want my REAL advice? It's don't look at obnoxious posts from your friends on FB that tempt you to compare yourself, do NOT even go on pinterest, and do not, do NOT get your hair cut until this blue cloud passes!!! Do go ahead and eat more candy cuz a little extra Boo to love is so much better than a sad Boo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boo, i've been feeling the same way! is it the rain? just feeling that i'm totally not where i thought i would be in life right now and looking back at what if's and at what everyone else is doing. then you look at what everyone else is doing and you think "am i doing it wrong?" yeah things are great and then all of a sudden you find yourself getting down on yourself! it's negative self talk and it's not healthy. i totally know what you mean by the mommy thing and i'm not even a mommy! Ahhh!! what will happen when i'm a mommy? sigh you're not alone sista. we'll get through it. i know we can!!

    ReplyDelete