Thursday, September 26, 2013

Too afraid.......

So I know my last post was kind of a downer, but I've got huge news! Have you ever been too afraid to do something? I'm sure everyone has in one way or another.... I'm not talking about bungee jumping or sky diving here, I'm talking about little everyday things. Like free samples, for example. For some reason if I'm alone I am too scared to go up and take a free sample at the store. Not exactly sure why.....I guess I think they'll judge me..... "Wow that girl took a free sample! She can't control herself....she has to eat everything! Watch out for that hungry girl!" ....... I guess I lack confidence when I'm not with someone. Weird. Hmmmm...... but anyways (sorry random tangent) I had a break thru today! It will probably sound silly to most of you, but I am so proud of myself I just had to share! Ok here I go......

You know how they have drive thru's when you go to the bank? Well I've been wanting and WANTING to use one since I've got two kids now, but I was too scared! How do you do the suction thingy??? Will I be able to get it open? Will they have deposit slips? Do I need to have my own pen? Will it suck my hand up there??? So many unknowns! I talked to my mom multiple times about what to expect and what you have to do, but for some reason I've been too afraid. Once I even had all the checks signed and the slip filled out and I pulled up and completely panicked! I ended up unloading both kids and dragging us all in and I looked terrible because I hadn't planned on getting out of the car and the guy that helped me said, "You do know we have the drive thru if that's easier for you...." HA! If only he knew.....

So today we were out running errands and it was such a beautiful fall day and I had just had a wonderful conversation with my amazing sister and for some reason, I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I knew.....it was time..... I could do this. I would do this. I purposely missed my freeway exit and headed straight to the blasted bank. I pulled up, filled everything out, stuck it in the tube and shooooooom! I nailed it! I dominated that suction thingy! Everything went smoothly and it was so easy!!! I feel like I could run a marathon right now! I DID IT!!! Boo yah! In your face scary suction tube! Haha!!!

Big news huh?!? So exciting :) What a great day! Phew! Who knows what tomorrow will bring?!? Maybe I'll go cliff jumping, or wrestle an alligator, or take that free sushi sample at the grocery store I've been dying to take for weeks now.......who knows?!? All I know is the day is mine and I couldn't be happier :) 

4 comments:

  1. Good job!! But perhaps hold off on the sushi sample ... if it's been out for weeks, it would DEFINITELY set you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Am. DYING!!!!!!!! I think this may be the funniest thing I've ever read... (I won't admit how similar we are!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... let's see what you're really made of, Boo. Next time, ask for the free sucker for Sam. They will stick it in the tubie for you, just like magic... bam! Free sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is awesome. I thought i was the only person who felt that way about free samples!!! I have ALWAYS been super scared and felt awkward about that. I only recently took my first one about a month ago at costco because someone explained it to me as "part of the membership fee". So I decided I wasn't being rude by taking one, but that it was my duty as a member :)

    ReplyDelete