Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This is the moment!


 So tomorrow I am having a baby........ummmm how does one comprehend that?!? It is so different this time around because it is scheduled and planned and there is no guessing when it will be or how it will happen. Both are maddening and I see pros and cons to each situation. This week I think I've been in total denial (Kevin too) but as of right now I feel at peace and kind of excited :) Today was a wonderful day. I wanted to have nothing planned so I could spend every minute with Sam and enjoy our last day with just the two of us. He is honestly my best friend. I LOVE being with him. It's fun! I sometimes forget I'm his mom because we just have such a good time together. Man I love that boy ;) I am so scared about how this change will affect him, but I know in time he will be fine and we will all be one big happy family! 

It is weird to think that at this time tomorrow I wont be pregnant. Even though this time around has been a lot harder I really will miss a lot of things about being pregnant. So I decided to make a list of my top five things I'll miss most. Here you go!

5- Pulling the "I can't..... I'm pregnant" card- It was just nice to have a legit back out plan. It really could be used for anything and it was so nice having it there just in case. I probably used this the most on Kevin.......but he would always call my bluff so it didn't really work ;)

4- The fun looks I'd get- Let me explain......So when I was pregnant with Sam I got so many looks from people that said, "Oh my, that poor teenager got pregnant" It was hilarious! I seriously would get the craziest stares wherever I went! This time around has been even more fun because not only am I pregnant, but I have a toddler with me so I would see people look at me like, "That poor teenage girl has a kid and STILL got pregnant AGAIN!" haha!!! I just love it! They are super fun ;)

3- Prego clothes- I love wearing maternity clothes. I think they are so cute and so comfortable! I love the dresses, the pants, the skirts, the skinny jeans, the blouses, the tee shirts...........AH! It is seriously so much fun to get dressed every morning! I actually got a little teary eyed this morning putting my cute turquoise skinny jeans on for the last time.........(but then I remembered how Kevin called me a cute blueberry the last time I had worn them......so I didn't get too sad......)

2- Late night cereal- Every night before bed I eat a bowl of cereal. Oh how I love cereal. There is no guilt eating right before bed when you are pregnant and I'm sad that will be gone now. I love going to bed with a happy full tummy. I'll sure miss you my sweet irresistible captain crunch :(

1- No wrinkles- This one makes me the most sad....... When you are pregnant you don't have to iron. EVER. You just throw whatever on, no matter how wrinkly, and suddenly it's like magic.......BAM! You are wrinkle free!!! Soon I'll have to iron my clothes every day like a chump. So so sad. It really has been so wonderful :)

Well that's it! I wont go on about all the things I wont miss, but I'll just say that I am SO excited to not be pregnant anymore and to finally meet this little girl and fall in love all over again :) Can't believe the next time I do a blog post it will be all about her.......crazy!!! Wish us luck tomorrow and send happy thoughts our way! 

(This video pretty much sums up everything I'm feeling!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiX2Wgo7hg 





4 comments:

  1. Gaaaaaah... sooooooo excited!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow waiting!!!

    And do you really iron??? Do people still do that???

    LOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!!! And yeah, I haven't ironed in years :) Can't wait to meet your cutie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congratulations in advance and good luck tomorrow! I can't wait for Luke to meet his future girlfriend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so since you like getting dressed while you are pregnant so much - where do you shop? I absolutely hate trying to find maternity clothes (or regular clothes I can pass off as maternity) while I am pregnant.

    ReplyDelete