Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Connected.......



I am convinced that my sister and I have some sort of crazy connection that has us linked for life. Seriously. Not joking. Our lives are always parallel to each others and sometimes it is down right freaky. We always know when the other one needs us or if something is wrong......there have even been times when we have sensed that something is going to happen and it happens. We have always been super close, but  we both are in awe of how incredible our connection is. I am SO GRATEFUL we have it! We are always lifting each other up and helping each other get thru whatever is boggling us down. I don't know what I would do without her! Right now we are both in limbo and it stinks. We want something good to happen to the other person so something good will happen to ourselves! That's seriously how it works! ;) Haha!

So how does one survive life in limbo??? Waiting for change that is inevitable is such a scary thing. We are having our baby girl May 9th. It is going to happen. We have two weeks until then (unless something happens or I go into labor) and I don't know how to mentally/emotionally handle or prepare for it. What will life be like when she is here? Will Sam be ok with all this change? How can I take care of two kids? How can I take care of two kids on no sleep? How much will our lives really change? What will she be like? Will she eat? Will she sleep? Will we survive this?!? I see all these moms at church with four or five kids and they all look so beautiful and put together so it must be possible to do this, right? RIGHT??? Ya...........lots of questions. 

My sister is also in a state of waiting and it's agonizing for her as well. We both joke about that if I'm having this baby on May 9th then what will happen for her on May 9th?!? My sister is a very talented writer and I have learned very quickly about how hard that business can be. No one works harder then she does and no one deserves success more then her. Thru her writing and her life and thru my pregnancy and my life there have been so many ups and downs and we have been up and down together thru it all of it. Wow I am so lucky to have her. I hope with all my heart that with this big "up" we are about to have that she will get the "up" she's been waiting and working so hard for. I hope we never lose this connection and we stay tied together always! It's such a blessing :) So here's to my amazing Morgie and our crazy life in limbo! Cheers!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww... I love this! Thanks, Boo! Our connection IS FREAKY. Seriously. And gaaaaah... this limbo moment is sooooo hard. Hopefully after May 9th we'll both be doing much better!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh.... duh duh duh... can't wait until the 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about the power of POSITIVE THINKING in those moments of limbo. One of my favorite quotes is, "If you think you can't, you won't. If you think you can, you might"

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete