Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Jane!


 Her birth story............

Both of the kiddos are asleep right now so I figured I had to take advantage of this moment and do a quick blog post! Baby Jane is here!!! It has definitely been an emotional roller coaster these past two weeks, but I think we are finally settling into a routine, or as I like to call it, our new normal :)

On May 9th we were scheduled to have the C Section done at noon. It was a great morning. I got up and showered and took my time getting ready and getting all pretty ;) We dropped off Sam at Grandma and Grandpa's house (which was surprisingly not sad at all for me!) and headed off to the hospital. Kevin and I weren't nervous....we were both pretty silly and it was fun to be together and to be so excited. We strolled thru the hospital doors and walked up to the nurse behind the desk and said, "Hello! We are here to have a baby!" (not quite how you'd picture going in to have a baby, but hey it works!) From there we got a room and I changed into a gown and the funny cute blue socks and they hooked me up with an IV and put monitors on to watch the baby while we waited. It was pretty funny because during this time I was totally having contractions.....the monitor was going crazy and the nurse said even if we weren't scheduled for the C Section we would have come in that day anyways ;) 



 Everything up to this point was happening so fast. Kevin got all suited up and they were about to take us back when an emergency C Section needed to be done. We were happy and comfortable (and I was kind of relieved) so of course it was ok. The worst part of waiting was I was SO HUNGRY!!!!! I hadn't eaten in over 18 hrs! I thought I was going to pass out and when the anesthesiologist came in and explained everything he would do he also mentioned that I wouldn't be able to eat anything till the next morning....... I about burst into tears! Luckily I held it together and a around two thirty they took us back into the operating room. 



They did the spinal block which I guess is different from an epidural.......It was so bizarre because it took effect immediately (except for my right foot....I could move it the whole time!) After a few minutes I asked the anesthesiologist if it was normal that I could still feel the doctors touching me. He laughed and told me that they had already done the incision and were well on their way so it looks like the block was working ;) It was so crazy being able to totally feel them pull and tug on me but feel no pain. They put a mirror up for me when they were ready to take the baby out. They angled it in such a way that I couldn't see any of my organs laying out beside me......BLEH! It really was strange to see two doctors elbow deep in blood inside me.......sorry.......TMI???

 Seeing what I saw next was by far the most amazing thing I have EVER seen in my life. My doctor told me to watch and that the head was coming and then BAM! Out came her bum! Turns out she was breached. My doctor had no idea! (Good thing we had to have a C Section anyway) He pulled out her bum and the second he did she peed and it flew out towards the other doctors! HAHA! They all screamed a bit! hehe! She's already a little prankster ;) Seeing them pull the rest of her out was incredible. I just couldn't believe it! With Sam I felt so disjointed and couldn't really believe that he came out of me, but this time to actually see it made me feel so much more connected and apart of it. It felt like I waited an eternity to hear her cry, but once she did I was completely overwhelmed with happiness! She was so beautiful! Absolutely perfect :) 


                     Jane Rebecca Davis born at 2:54 pm, 6 lbs 2 ounces 19 1/2 inches long


 
Everything from then on went so smoothly. Oh wait, except for the rest of that night........I got super sick from the spinal block and puked my guts out (pretty painful when you've just been sliced open), but at least I wasn't hungry anymore! The pain from the C Section was not nearly as bad as the first time. Recovering from that has been much easier. I didn't need to take any of the heavy duty drugs so I was with it and comfortable the whole time :) She is an amazing eater so that wasn't nearly as traumatic as the first time around. Everything was going so well until...............dun dun dun.............

                                               
I TURNED INTO A CRAZY HORMONAL EMOTIONAL MONSTER!!!!! I am not joking. That first week home was the hardest week of my life. I honestly couldn't process or comprehend all  that I was feeling and I just cried and cried and cried and cried and cried........poor Kevin. He is a rock. He saved me. Him and my mom......don't know what I would have done without them. I seriously felt like I hit rock bottom and now I think things are starting to normalize and I can function again :) So I'm sorry if it felt like I was ignoring any of you.........I just feel like I get overwhelmed really easily right now so I'm still kind of hiding out, but thank you for caring and for being concerned! I'm sure I'll be social again soon!!!

Today is her two week birthday. I can't express how much I love her and my little family. Sam has been an angel and is so sweet to her......can't believe we were actually worried about him.....he has done the best out of all of us with all of this change! I was so worried that I wouldn't love this little girl because I am so in love with Sam. It's scary how much your heart can grow. I am so grateful for all the love and support we have received. Tomorrow is her two week appointment so hopefully she is back up to her birth weight. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I'll continue to become human again and this little peanut will keep growing and get a bit bigger.....until then we will keep hiding........

.......and sleeping :)


5 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad both mom and baby are safe and healthy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile (minus the crazy hormonal part). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! She is so sweet...haha she's already a prankster, so funny. Sorry about the emotional monster part:/ buy yay for a new normal! There's nothing I love more than getting a routine down. love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Beckee,

    Just stopping by via Morg's Blog and wanted to simply say hi!

    But, wow you guys are celebrating a new baby, so super congrats:)

    I've worn Kevin's "suit" too, so tell him good job for not fainting with all the blood (there's a *LOT*, isn't there:)

    Anyhoo, CONGRATS and hope you guys are getting *some* sleep:)

    ReplyDelete