Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Bad Day.......(part 2)



My idiotic saga continues...........(if you haven't read my previous blog post then do so now or this will make no sense whatsoever)

So I go to the DMV to clear my license since it was suspended and I had no idea what to expect. Trips to the DMV can be pretty epic so I was nervous. Especially since the night before I had a dream that I went to the DMV and told them why I was there and they smiled and nodded and told me to follow them to a back room. I went back with them and suddenly a cop grabbed Sam and walked out of the room and before I could say anything the other cops surrounded me and all came at me............it was awful!!!  Kevin wanted me to ask my dad to watch Sam while I went or to come with us, but there was no way I was ever going to tell my dad my story! He would be so disappointed in me! I tell my mom EVERYTHING and I hadn't even told her any of this at this point, but we'll get to that later... 

We got there and you have to fill out a huge sheet so I do my best to hurry and I eventually looked down to see what Sam was doing because he was being so patient and so good and he was playing with something on the ground. Never figured out what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was either vomit or poo.....so gross!!! Smelled like death! Bleh......So I'm trying to clean him up while we are standing in this long line (try and picture this if you can) but Sam wanted me to hold him and wouldn't stand on his own so I'm carrying him and my big bag and all the paperwork and the mystery gunk, which is now on me, and Sam has now decided that it was a good time to touch and name all of my facial parts (eyes, nose, teeth, hair, etc) meanwhile I'm dodging his nasty fingers and trying not to drop anything while ignoring all the stares from the huge line of people surrounding me. Sheesh! It was a long line. We eventually made our way to the lady and I tell her why I am there and she simply gives me a number and tells me to sit and wait. 

I was bummed I had to wait again, but grateful she didn't chew me out like the last lady. So we sat and waited for a super long time. I looked at all the workers there and secretly decided the ones that I wanted to help me and the ones that I didn't want to help me. Luckily the girl that called my number was one that I wanted! I told her why I was there and she took the papers from me and did a lot of clicking on her computer and then asked, "Are you also here to renew your license?" I was confused and asked her what she meant. So it turns out that my license had been expired since August so ya.......

"Wait........your telling me that my drivers license was suspended AND expired???" She simply said yes and gave me a moment to soak it all in. Then she said, "Its a really good thing you didn't get pulled over..." Ya you have no idea. I couldn't even respond. In my head I was adding everything up. So if I would have gotten pulled over I would have had a warrant out for my arrest, a suspended drivers license, and an expired license! They would have cuffed me for sure!!!! I would have done jail time!!!!!!!! Me!!!!! All for rolling through a stupid stop sign! GAH!!!

I paid my fee and they took a new picture of me (which I totally look like a vampire in it p.s.) and they gave me my temporary license and I was out of there as fast as I could go. I sat in the car and gave myself a moment to try to shake off all my nerves and I looked at my phone and I had gotten a text from my mom. Crap. I mentioned before that I hadn't told her any of this and I knew she would see my blog and if she was mad/disappointed then she just wouldn't say anything and if she felt bad for me then she would call me. Well it turns out she didn't feel any of those things......she was laughing hysterically! She thought the whole thing was hilarious! She took me out to lunch right then and there and it totally made the past two days feel like no big deal. We laughed and laughed and she shared all the stupid things my siblings have done and how much trouble they had gotten in and I felt loads better! I wont share, but know that I'm not the only crazy McDonald that's out there ;)

So I think my "bad day" is officially over. I definitely have learned A LOT from this ordeal and I vow to be more responsible from here on out! Look out world! There's a new boo in town! The worst part and saddest thing of all of this is that this is totally a justified "white donuts" situation and I didn't even get my white donuts to make myself feel better :( Stupid hostess. If any of you were lucky enough to get a bag before they were gone please feel free to drop off one white donut on our porch for me :) Thank you.




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a wonderful mom!! Great ending. And doesn't your dad read this blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so....but who knows! I don't think he even knows I have a blog! Lol :)

      Delete
  2. Ditto to Nancy! Bwahahahahahahahaha! Ira says I'm not allowed to hang out with you anymore b/c you're a bad influence. Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! What a crazy couple of days! I know what will make it sure to be a good day- coming and playing with me :) Let's get together asap! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry this happened I am glad it turned out okay! But I have to admit this is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete