Monday, November 26, 2012

My Bad Day........

 

 Do you ever get that feeling where you feel like you are in trouble and you don't know why??? Well, I have that feeling today but I know exactly why I am in trouble.......... This is a sad and horribly embarrassing story so please be kind when you see me and don't make fun of me too much! (I think the reason I am sharing this with you is to make light of the situation and make myself feel better......? Hopefully it will work)

So back in June I did a post on how I got pulled over for my very first time. I was pretty mad I got pulled over considering it was because "I rolled thru a stop sign"..... This is what I remember happening. He pulled me over and gave me a piece of paper and told me that I had 6 months to go into court, plea guilty, and pay the fine and if I didn't go in then it would be on my record and they would mail me my fine. That is EXACTLY what he told me. So I kind of put it on the back burner because ya know life has been kind of busy (selling our townhome, moving, getting pregnant, new job, etc....) and it wasn't even a ticket, but I knew I had to get it done by December.

 So the day after Thanksgiving I was having a lovely time eating Sushi with my awesome cousin Janeen and Clayton and Amanda when I brought up that I should go and get this taken care of. Janeen and Amanda immediately were really serious and anxious about it and told me to call and go in right away. So that's what I did today. Oh today. What a crappy day today has been. I hate today. I call and talk to a million people before I find who I should be talking to and guess what? Oh no big deal but there is a warrant out for me and my drivers license has been suspended. WHAT?!? SERIOUSLY??? I told the lady on the phone what the cop had told me and that there must be some mistake and she had no clue why he would have said any of that. Apparently (and you probably all know this but me) if you get a citation you have 14 days to go in and if you don't then they put out a warrant for you. So ya......I have been a fugitive on the run for five months now. FIVE FLIP'N MONTHS!!! Do yo know how lucky I am that I haven't gotten pulled over??? They probably would have arrested me and who knows what they would have done with Sam. Ugggggh! I am completely sick about all this right now. I can't believe all because I rolled thru a stop sign (which btw I totally stopped!) I am in this much trouble. I feel like a complete idiot and I guess today it proves that I really am. 

So today I went into the court and paid my fat fine while listening to the lady behind the glass repeatedly ask me "Did you not know there is a warrant out for you?"...."You have a warrant after you"....."Your license is suspended"....."How did you not know to come in?"..."How did you not know there was a warrant out for you?".........I tried to explain that the address they had in their system was one that we lived at five years ago so I never got any mail or had any clue I was in trouble but apparently that was my fault too. I thought bringing Sam with me would soften whoever I had to talk with, but it didn't help. It was totally and completely humiliating. So tomorrow I will go into the DMV and give them the clearance to remove my suspension (that is if I don't get pulled over on the way there.....) and get the whole lecture all over again. 

Since today was already so awful (forgot to mention the part where I accidentally opened the car door right in Sam's head giving him a huge goose egg.......poor boy!) I decided to finally go in and get that dreaded flu shot I've been avoiding. Might as well right? Lets just make this day as bad as it can get! So I went in and got it and had a fun conversation with another pregnant girl who was waiting there and we talked about root canals and kidney stones.......it was delightful. Best part of my day. Hopefully Kevbev will come home and make the night right and hopefully Sam will have forgiven me when he wakes up from his nap. So here's to all of you who are having a bad day today. Cheers! Maybe I'll laugh about this one day, but for now I'll continue feeling something like this.................



 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I'm speechless... I can't believe all this happened after I spoke to you this morning!!!!!!

    -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I'm so sorry! But really, I probably would've done the exact same thing. Gees! The poops! And I opened the library door on Clara's head the other day. She came out of nowhere! I felt terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo... I'm jealous. Being able to say you've had a warrant out for your arrest just raised your coolness factor tenfold. I might have to go rogue too and roll through a few stop signs myself.

    ReplyDelete