Friday, November 19, 2010

The spider and the invisible man......



So one of the reasons I wanted to do this blog is so I can share the funny quirky things that happen to us. It seems like we always have some random crazy story to tell so here is the latest and greatest.......enjoy!

One of the hardest parts about being a new mom is getting used to all the late night feedings. After a while, your mind goes to a different place in order to try to survive. What is real and how you react to certain situations all depend on where your mind is at that exact moment. I had two of these "moments" a few nights ago.

It was around three in the morning and I was feeding Sam when I noticed something a little off. We have a big window in that room and the curtains (which are absolutely adorable.....sigh) were pushed out away from the window. Right away all my warm fuzzy feelings disappeared and my brain started to try to figure out what was wrong. "Why do those curtains look like something is hiding behind them?"........"oh my"..........."maybe it's because SOMEONE is hiding behind them!!!" So, of course, I've decided that a murderer is hiding behind my pottery barn curtains just waiting for me to come in during the middle of the night to feed my baby so he can kill us both and we would have no idea what hit us. It was all there plain to see! I must already have the protective motherly instincts because this was not going to be the way we would go down. So I started planning my attack........there wasn't much in the nursery to work with, but I decided to take the attacker by surprise. I would grab and chuck the lamp at him to stun and confuse him first, then I would grab our thermometer to use as my weapon which was conveniently sitting right next to me. I was about to go for it but decided to let Sam finish eating first (perfect example of my sanity at this moment). Ok, so he finished eating and I was gearing up and was finally ready to face my doom when suddenly................................................... the heat turned off and the curtains went back to normal and my attacker vanished into thin air. Just like that! (It's good to know that there is a heating vent under there) Ha! Well....at least I had a plan :)

Later that night (or earlier that morning) we had another scare, but this one was real. As I was sitting there feeding Sam my eyes suddenly darted to the floor. A HUGE ginormous spider was making its way towards us and fast. What am I supposed to do?!? Here I am holding my baby and now I have no plan! I simply start making small yelps and screams hoping to scare it away but it only makes it more angry! It starts to race around the floor by our chair so I jump off and leave Sam on there to insure his safety. I have no shoes, no tissues, and no idea what to do because I can't leave and risk the chance of loosing the spider. Meanwhile, in our bed, Kevin is hearing all these squawks and thinks it is just Sam waking up so he goes back to sleep. Alright back to me...........So I am dancing with this spider and grab a pamphlet to use to kill it but every time I lean down to squish him he charges me! Ya......I am full on screaming now. The spider dashes and disappears under the dreaded curtains. I grab Sam and run to wake up Kevin (kind of mad he hasn't come in and rescued us by now) and completely scare him to death because he thought I was still in bed next to him. Luckily he gains his senses fast and grabs a shoe and runs in to save the day!!! The spider had climbed the up the curtains, but this was no match for Kevbev :) In a matter of seconds the demon spider was gone and we were all safe and sound yet again!

Two close calls........I don't know which one was worse?!? Probably the spider attack because that was actually real, but all in all it was a very eventful night at the Davis residence. It makes me laugh that out of a crazed murderer and a tiny insect I am more afraid of a spider! I guess what can be learned from this post is that you should never hide behind my curtains because you will have some serious harm done to you and apparently...........I scream like a little baby :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL One time when Emma was like a week old, I dozed off feeding her, then at some point laid her back down and went back to our bedroom. Later on, I woke up & started freaking out because the last thing I remembered was holding Emma & now she was gone! I began chucking the covers off the bed, crying "Where is she? Where is she??", with Colby thinking I've lost my mind. Yeah, he laughed for days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Beckee! I just died laughing from this post!!! You are too funny! The lack of sleep really does do things to you.... I had the same experience with a spider and a late night feeding too with Tom. It was pretty much the scariest thing ever so i feel your fear :) And don't worry, i will never ever hide behind those curtains... even though they are the cutest curtains in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...that was a good laugh! I do have to second what Kristen said though only mine wasn't a one time thing. I had that happen time and time again. Totally terrible.

    You have to keep this blogging thing up, I LOVE LOVE LOVE blogging!! I love reading your posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I've never even fallen asleep with my baby or slept with them in my bed, but I've totally woken up so many times thinking Cedar or Rowan were buried in the bed somewhere. Your tired mind plays tricks on you, so don't feel neurotic Boo about your imagination... I guess it comes with the territory!

    And speaking of spiders, no one is more paranoid than Janae. When she lived with us, poor Marshall would wake up to notes from Janae describing in detail the whereabouts of spiders she had trapped under mason jars in the house but was too afraid to kill herself. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! For real? Seriously? You would let Sam finish eating before springing on your attacker? Oh man ... you are sleep deprived ...

    ReplyDelete