Sunday, November 14, 2010

Samuel Kevin Davis


Well hello! I've decided it's finally time to officially start our family blog. And what better timing then now with our new little member in our family! So here it is.....reader beware.....the story of how Samuel Kevin Davis came to be apart of the Boo and Kev show......

It all began on a dark cold night........just kidding! I wont start back that far......it really all began on Tuesday night while we were at home watching Glee. I had been feeling braxton hicks contractions for weeks now but these contractions were different. I finally noticed a pattern! Not wanting to get too excited, I decided not to tell Kevin (since I was already two days over my due date). We went to bed and put in Iron Man 2. I didn't enjoy the movie at all because I was a little preoccupied watching the clock and counting minutes.....I fell asleep and woke up around three and noticed they were five to seven minutes apart! Time to tell Kevbev! They weren't really painful but they were consistent so we decided to go to the hospital.

Pulling up was totally anticlimactic since we weren't in a rush and I wasn't screaming in agony. Instead we strolled up to the front desk and asked them where we should go if we think we were in labor. They laughed and took us in but warned us that it was a busy night and we would probably get sent home. The first thing they asked me was if my water had broke and I said no, but they still wanted to test to make sure. Seconds later they informed me that it had broken and that it had been broken for more then 24 hours! YES! Our ticket to delivery! So we were taken to another room where I got the epidural and got hooked up to get things going. My doctor came in to check things out and gave us a little lecture on how this process takes a very long time and we probably wouldn't deliver until late that evening when suddenly he told me that I was at an 8.....I went from a 1 to an 8 in an hour! So a half hour later we were ready to push! Here is where the story gets interesting...

I pushed for two hours with no progress. My doctor then asked us how many kids we wanted to have and we were pretty confused and freaked out. He was thinking we would need a C section but I did not want that to happen. Pushed for two more hours and still no progress. Now I was really frustrated and still refused to accept that I would have a C section. My dad had a feeling to just show up at the hospital at the same time my nurse went out to find someone to help Kevin give me a blessing.......so my dad came in and gave me a wonderful blessing, that now looking back on it, would help me accept what was to come. I pushed for a grueling three more hours and finally called it quits when my doctor used the dreaded vacuum and still saw no progress. C section it is! I was so happy that my mom and dad were there right before they took me back because I was so tired after those seven hard hours and so scared. The only thing that gave me comfort was my green flavored ice chips and they took those away from me too!

During the surgery Kevin peeked over the curtain and told me "hey boo....your guts are all over the place".....uh thanks for that Kevbev! They had him look over right when they were pulling his head out and again he knew just what to say and whispered to me "hey boo.....our baby is really ugly".......are you kidding me?!? I was pretty out of it at this point but I do remember Kevin telling me that he had my hair. I saw him for a split second as the nurses walked by me to take him and make sure he was ok. Kevin said he looked so mad when they took him out, but he wasn't crying. Totally fits his personality :) It seemed to take forever for them to finish the surgery and for my body to stop shaking uncontrollably. That was by far the worst part of all this...."the shakes." I couldn't even talk my teeth were clenched and chattering so hard. When they finally took me back to my room I couldn't even hold him for a while because I was shaking so bad, but what made it all worth it was when I reached out my hand to him and he grabbed and held on to my finger :) Best moment ever!

So that's the whole story......aside from the fact that we were separated from Sam for about two hours when we were stuck downstairs because the elevator was broken......but other then that it was smooth sailing :) Our time at the hospital was wonderful and I can look back on this experience as a happy one. We are so lucky to have him and I am so in love! His little Kevin face just about does me in everyday...he is so cute! I am so glad that you are here with me. We will always love you forever Sam :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay Becca!! SO happy you have a blog!!! Keep the posts comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new blog and it is fun to see our friend Steve and Nancy's family. We have known them for 33 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beckee i love little Sam and i'm so glad he's here safe and sound! I can't wait for our little boys to be best friends! I love that you are blogging now so keep it up!!! Lots of love! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Boo! I never even heard this full story... what a trooper for pushing so long! Lol... loved the green ice chips part. We love the new star of the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Since we weren't in a rush and I wasn't screaming in agony" <----hahahaha!!!! Sooo funny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete