Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lately I........



My lovely friend Lauren does this on her blog and I've always loved it so I thought I would steal her idea and share some of my loves, likes, and loathes as of late.......

Lately I love.....

My calling. I am the primary chorister in our ward and it has been wonderful. I love the kids and I love singing so many beautiful songs with them. On Sunday we sang He Sent His Son and I taught them the sign language to go along with it and wow......I could barely sing I was so overcome with the spirit. I don't even know how to describe it, but it was very wonderful and very special. Which brings me to my next love......

Sam being a sunbeam! So far he LOVES primary! He NEVER liked nursery (each week was awful and traumatic for all of us) so to see him there with all the other kids signing and singing along was almost too much......such a precious moment :) He is such a sweet boy and I'm so glad we can have that time together!

Cereal with chocolate in it. I am in love with this. I started out with chocolate chex and then went to Special K red berries with chocolate chunks and MAN it's soooo good! I think chocolate chex is my favorite. If you haven't tried it then go to the store right now and buy some! Mmmmmm! Your mornings will never be the same ;)

Steven and Siena living with us. It hasn't even been a month yet, but we are so used to them being here and we love it! I really love it :) I love having my Siena chats everyday. She is the best! Last night I came home to Sam and Steven jamming out on their guitars. Sam thinks Steven is the coolest and definitely has a crush on Siena (or as he calls her...Sanena) We are so lucky to have them here with us!


Lately I like.....

My new haircut. My hair was really bugging me and one Sunday Kevin said to me, "I don't think your hair has ever been this long for our whole marriage." I asked him if it was good long or awkward gross long and he totally hesitated so I knew it was time to cut it! Looking at these pics it was definitely time......hehe!







The Big Bang theory. Kevin and I have been watching it before we go to bed and it is soooo funny! Sheldon is hilarious and the more we watch it the more Kevin fears that he is just like him! I have to admit that there are some similarities there, but not enough to make me worried....maybe slightly concerned, but not worried... ;)

Cleaning. Lately my happy place has been putting my earphones in and blasting my iPod and cleaning. It is wonderful! Very therapeutic. I love playing shuffle on my iPod. You go from a Broadway musical to the Backstreet Boys to Classical music to Ska! It's the best! Sadly I can only do this when Kevin is home so during the day our poor house struggles a bit. Here is an example.....
Sam knows he can get away with anything when I am on the phone with my sister so he decided to empty out all the puffies and make a feast for Jane! Ha!!! She was in puffy heaven :)

Costco. During the Holiday season I really hated taking trips to Costco......definitely too crazy and frantic for me, but today we went and it was lovely! No pushy people, no long lines, no screaming children..... just a good old fun time:) We were even able to grab a hot dog and a smoothie! How fun is that?!? Gotta love Costco! Though I am SO ready for the days when I'm only buying one set of diapers......



Lately I loathe......

My makeup. For those of you who watch The Office, I am in a threat level midnight! Confession: I have worn the same lip gloss since Jr. High and now I can't find it anywhere. NOWHERE! I don't know if they stopped making it or what! I don't know what to do! Do you know how much money I have spent trying to find another gloss or lipstick that looks good?!? Hundreds!!! (Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit) but really it is getting ridiculous. I also hate every kind of mascara I've been using. So globby. Any advice? My whole face is just BLAH. I really need some help so any words of wisdom is welcome :) 

People that purposely hurt and exclude others. I'm not sure if it makes them "feel cool" or "superior" but it is immature and sad. Honestly I wish they would grow up. I hate feeling helpless to those I care about and I wish I could swoop in and make it all better for them. I wish people would get out of their own bubble and see what others are going thru and how much they are struggling. We never know the whole story so take a moment before you start judging others and acting out on those judgements. It definitely makes me that much more grateful for the wonderful friends and loving family I have in my life :)

This new app business. For some reason you have to verify your provider in order to watch shows online now and it makes me so mad! This has "the man" written all over it. I guess in a way this could be a good thing......instead of watching shows that are definitely not very uplifting *cough....the bachelor....cough*  I can use that time to do something a little more productive......like re-watching Downton Abbey and writing more blog posts......aaaand maybe an occasional Vampire Diaries here and there.....that is definitely very uplifting and extremely productive ;)

My pants. Let me be more specific. My "derriere" in my pants. I'm being serious here....you can laugh all you want, but my stupid non existent bum makes all my pants look terrible! It is so saggy and awful back there. It's embarrassing! Where on earth can I get a cute pair of pants that will still fit my legs and waist, but also fit my behind?!? Sorry is this weird? TMI??? Its just been really bothering me lately and I had to vent.....sorry I'll stop.....please don't "look" at me the next time you see me......I'm already very self conscious! Haha! (*please do not mistake this as someone who is complaining about something but obviously is trying to compliment themselves or fishing for more compliments. I promise that is NOT my motive here! I really just dislike all my pants and the way I look in them at the moment!)

And lastly........seeing MY bad qualities in my kids. I have a lot of fears and it makes me sad to see some of those fears and anxieties in Sam. I guess the poor boy didn't stand a chance ;) I remember being young and counting down the hours until it would get dark outside and seriously panicking before I'd have to go to bed. Every day Sam will stop and say, "It's not dark outside....it's not dark yet....it's not bed time....." I know he is scared and having a hard time. It breaks my heart since I lived like that for years and YEARS! My poor parents :( Lol. Wish there was some way I could keep all the scary things in this world away from him. I guess for now I'll just keep working on bed time and spiders ;)




15 comments:

  1. LOL! If it makes you feel better, McKay does the same thing with bed time... he'll walk around and say, "Awake. McKay ' s still awake." (As if to convince me it's not time for bed)

    I LOVE the pictures! Dyyyyying... The before are SO FUNNY!!!!! And the after only feed my jealousy of you. You were always the beautiful one :)

    I loved this---you need to do this more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't think I was ever called "the beautiful one" but even if I was, you were "the strikingly beautiful one"........which one would you rather be??? ;) hehe!

      Delete
    2. Bah! I'd say that second "before" shot is definitely striking...

      Delete
  2. 1. I LOVE chocolate chex too! They are delish!!! 2. Your hair is adorable! 3. I just found out my favorite mascara was discontinued!!!!! Want to go to Sephora with me??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST! Wink, wink... ;)

    I love your hair! I recently cut mine as well and it was SO liberating. I was too lazy to get it trimmed so it just grew and GREW. I finally had enough and chopped off a bunch. Yay for new hair!

    And are you referring to the LipLites cupcake flavored gloss from LipSmackers?? Because I haven't used that since high school! I graduated to another flavor, I think. So much for embracing change... haha. Pretty random that I remember that, but it was my favorite too. :)

    I think we're due for a Girls' Night... Just sayin'.



    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Yes! That's it! Hahahaha!!! I knew you would remember! Ya I haven't evolved much......what do you use now? Is it similar? Also, I want to see your hair so YES let's have a girls night :) we obviously have so much to catch up on....don't get me started on Julian Ovenden......hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks so cute! Also, I totally understand the saggin' behind issue...we Matheson women weren't blessed with much back there and it makes shopping for pants impossible!

    I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! I miss you...let's have a play date soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!!! Well at least you guys are blessed in other areas ;) hehe! Can we please get together? Do you realize I've never met Luke yet????? Gah!

      Delete
  7. So.......I have been reading a makeup blog lately. Maskcara.com. It's so friggin fun and you should read it. But beware, you might get hooked. I like my voluminous mascara but I saw it once at your house and you said it was clumpy so nevermind :) I love love love your hair too!! I was having primary chorister burnout but I think I'm ok now. I should've done the sign language for He Sent His Son! But I plan my lessons so late that I didn't have time to learn it myself. I did watch a video of the sign language, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm totally going to check it out!!! Fun fun! Ya I felt really nervous when January came......like here we go again.......but now I am more excited :)

      Delete
  8. Cute new hair! I always love getting a haircut. So refreshing!
    So, I looked up "lip lites"and can only find the kind by bonne bell but nothing by lip smacker. Does that sound right? If it's the one by bonne bell then it's still being sold! You can buy it online.
    Anywhoo. Awesome calling! I'm the primary pianist and it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That's totally what it is! Bonne bell lip lites!!!!! I'm going to look it up now and buy like fifty of them! Haha! Thank you thank you! Seriously you just made my day ;) Primary pianist is my dream calling......hope I get it one day!

      Delete
  9. For some reason, I just can't accept that you are old enough to have a grown-up calling like primary chorister. I guess because I've never had a calling in primary, all I know of it still is that it's a calling for grown-ups since the last time I was in it I was 12 :-) I bet the kids love you though. Love your enthusiasm--you inspire me to be a more fun wife and mommy! I will try to channel Beckee and see if it helps me giggle more ;-)

    ReplyDelete