Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Random thoughts...



So there have been quite a few things on my mind lately so I'm going to spew them out just for fun and hopefully I'll either get clarity or maybe some of them will leave me alone......

-warning- if you don't want to know what goes on inside my head most of the time then stop reading-


* It's back to school time. I haven't been in school now for over four years, but I still get that nervous queasy feeling like I'm going back. There's nothing worse then coming home from your first day of school and realizing that you have to go back the next day and the next and the next and the next and that summer is over! Bleh! It still makes me sick! I also hated all those back to school commercials that would air like a month before you start......luckily we don't have regular t.v. so we don't have any commercials! I'm sorry for everyone that started school this week. I am already dreading the day that I will have to send Sam off. Crazy. So glad that he is still my little boy and I have an entire year with him still at home all day :)

* I feel like it should be fall. I want to bust out all my fun fall clothes and feel the crisp cool air instead of this dry yucky heat. I want to play in the leaves all day with my kids and look around and only see red and orange. There is something magical about the fall. I don't know what it is, but I love it. I have so many fond memories of things that happened in the fall and I guess I'm just so excited to make new ones and keep up this sense of magic and mystery that fall brings!

*My Grandpa passed away two weeks ago and it has been rough. The funeral was beautiful and the music and speakers were absolutely perfect, but it is still so sad. I miss him and can't believe he is really gone. We share the same birthday and he used to tease me when I was little and tell me that since we had the same birthday then we had to be the same age! It really freaked me out.....it totally makes sense! Haha! What a great man and a great Grandpa. Sure do love him :)

*I love going grocery shopping. Kevin usually stays home with Sam and Jane so I can have some much needed alone time ;) I feel so free going shopping. Last week I was walking down an aisle and the song "I wanna dance with somebody" came on and I couldn't help it....I totally busted out and started dancing down that aisle. I didn't even turn around to see if anyone was behind me....(there wasn't) but even if there was I would have still danced! Man that's a good song! Shopping and dancing are fun on their own, but next time you go you really should try them both at the same time...........you won't regret it ;)

* My hair. Oh my hair. I know I talk about this a lot, but what in the world should I do with my hair??? I know I said I was going to cut it short after I had Jane and now I've been saying that I will cut it short in the fall, but I just don't know what to do! I do know that it is long and gross and I either need to cut it and have a medium length or be brave and cut it short. I just get so nervous and every time I get my hair cut I hate it for months and months and totally regret it. BUT I feel like I need change and with Jane always grabbing and getting tangled in it, I think this would be a good time to do something totally different. Here are some pics of what I think I would like???

I showed these to Kevin and he thought they all looked the same (they pretty much do) but what do you think? Yay or nay? Or should I go with a more medium cut like this......
I just don't know what to do!!! I guess it doesn't really matter because whatever I end up doing I'll probably be unhappy and hate it....LOL! Oh and while I'm on this subject of hair, who should I go to? Does anyone have someone they go to that they absolutely love and would recommend?!? Thanks :)

*I want an ipad. There have been a few days where Kevin left his ipad at home and I have loved playing with it! It is just so convenient and I can watch something while I feed Jane instead of watching Bob the Builder or Kipper the dog for the 100th time. Pretty much I want an ipad so I can watch shows, check emails and facebook, and do my occasional blog post. So should I get a regular sized ipad or a mini?!? My birthday is next week and I'm thinking I can convince Kevin to get me one if I promise to let him buy a hatchet or a knife ;)

 * I think I'm addicted to candy. I'm worse then a two year old. All I want to eat is candy. I've got to find a way to get out of this funk because it can not be healthy.....obviously! If anyone knows of any magic solution that can help me kick this habit please let me know ASAP :) Until then I'll just keep on eating ;)

* I had a couple of high school friends drop by to see Jane and our house and as I showed them around they noticed all the many knives and hatchets we've seemed to acquire. They politely asked why we had so many and I couldn't help but laugh! It must look crazy to an outsider, but to me it is totally normal. I am married to a bushcraft grizzly bear (see pic below)

Hehe! Kevin LOVES to buy, sharpen, repair, and use hatchets, axes, and knives right now. He is really good at it! It actually is pretty fascinating stuff. I love that he has an outlet to escape from all our craziness.....I've just made him promise me that he will never use any of them on me ;) Oh and I also made him promise to never leave me and head up to the mountains to try to survive on his own........ If he ever goes missing that is the first place I'm checking!

* Lastly, Sam and Jane are on my mind. I just love them so much! I really am so lucky to have such sweet kids and even though this has been the roughest summer of my life, every hard minute has been completely and totally worth it :)











 Oh and just in case you missed this picture, here it is again.....................




 

 If there ever were a time for Kevin to break his promise, this would be it...........





 







4 comments:

  1. AH-hahahaha!!!!!!

    Okay.

    That picture of Kevin is CLASSIC. Seriously. I'm so glad you posted it twice for my benefit!

    Boo, you are too funny. If you figure out the candy secret, TELL ME!!!! And the hair? What? They are all totally different! (LOL) I like the Sandra Bullock one, fyi...

    It's been a crazy summer. Sooooo glad it's almost fall... I'm ready for some magic too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should cut your hair like the 3 short ones! Yes I think they look the same too:) I love their hair!!! So sorry about your grandpa:( I was a wreck when my grandma died and hers was even expected! I bet Kevin loves that picture! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I LOVED back to school! So fun and exciting and change and new things and teachers and people. Although I do love summer... sad to have to be a real person again.

    I'm not getting involved in the hair... last time I was telling you to add some red back in Kevin gave me the stink eye from behind your shoulder. I'd hate to for a stink eye to evolve into something much sharper... duh duh duh! Gah!

    PS - Love Jane's ballet shirt. Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! The lauren Conrad pic (the last pic)...I take it to my hairstylist every time I want that haircut I keep it in my wallet I love it so much. So I vote that one of course! But any of those will look cute!;).

    ReplyDelete