Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Fitting Room Nazi and the Beast.......

 



Do you ever feel you've become the worst version of yourself? That a Pandora's box of all the secret, hateful parts - your arrogance, your spite, your condescension - has sprung open? Someone upsets you and instead of smiling and moving on, you zing them. "Hello, it's Mr Nasty."- Joe Fox, You've Got Mail.

Today I've been in a really bad mood. The "I want to punch a hole in the wall" kind of mood. It kind of scares me, but I think I have a REALLY mean side..........(hopefully you aren't reading this thinking "Oh wow you didn't know you were a mean person already??") I don't want to be upset or feel like this, but every once in a while it creeps out and let me tell you.....it is scary. 

So what helps a person when they feel down in the total depths of despair? Chocolate and shopping right?!? So I got Sam and went to Target because my wonderful Mom gave me a gift card there so I thought I would put it to good use. MISTAKE. Take my warning.......if you are in a "I want to punch a hole in the wall" kind of mood then STAY AT HOME! Don't leave the house! You are a ticking time bomb and who knows when, who, or what will set you off.

I unfortunately had the misfortune of running into the "Fitting room Nazi." I had two shirts, two belts (I want to look like one of those cute stylish prego people) and a pair of leggins I wanted to try on. Sam was sitting in the big red cart and my bag and coat were in there so I figured I could just push it all in a big fitting room while I tried on my stuff real quick. I go up to the "sweet looking old lady" at the fitting room entrance (AKA Fitting Room Nazi) and tell her I have two shirts and some pants I want to try on. 
"Those aren't pants they are leggins and you can't try them on." 
"Uh but how will I know if they fit?"
"You can't try on those leggins."
Ok. At this point I'm already about to lose it, but instead I just slowly say, "Ok......then I guess I just have two shirts to try on." 
She gives me a number thing with a two on it and I start to push my cart back to a room.
 "You can't bring the cart back there." 
Now I'm really starting to lose my patience and I snarkily say, "Ok.........so I have to take out all my stuff and my son so I can go try on two shirts? I can't just go into a big fitting room?" 
"You can't bring a cart back there." 
-Silence-
I grab my bag, my coat, Sam (who was perfectly happy sitting in there which never happens), my two shirts, and my two belts and try to go back there without dropping everything and completely losing it. I'd definitely say that I'm visibly upset at this point and I was not trying to hide it at all. Then I hear..........
"You can't bring those belts into the fitting room."
 ...................and suddenly the bomb explodes................ 
"I can't try on these belts???" 
"You can't bring belts into the fitting room." 
"You are seriously telling me that I can't try on a belt here in the "fitting room" where you try on clothes?!? Are you seriously kidding me right now???" 
"No. You can't bring belts into the fitting room." 
"YOU WON'T LET ME TRY ON A BELT???"
"No. You can't bring belts into the fitting room."
-Silence-
I then slam the belts and my number two thingy onto her desk and stomp back to the dressing room and shut the door with surprisingly unbelievable force. 

I admit it was not my finest moment. I should have stayed away from people today. Luckily the two shirts fit and look really cute so that kind of helped. Not sure if the belts would have been cute..........guess we will never know. Now I'm at home eating a bag of Lindor chocolates so hopefully the day will only get better from here. Maybe I'll just blame my awful behavior and feelings on being crazy hormonal and pregnant (even though I sadly think I would have acted the same way even if I wasn't pregnant). So until I feel better I think it is wise to stay far away ;) Poor poor Kevin.........he has no idea what he is coming home to......

3 comments:

  1. Ah-hahaha!!!!! Okay, I know I shouldn't be laughing but I am... I'm DYING. I can't believe you lost it. But what is up with that lady??? I mean, seriously? No BELTS??? This is crazy. Maybe she was having a bad day too and was taking it out on you...

    Oh man... you need more chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh how I love your stories. What a poop. She is. Not you. I think I'm having the same kind of day. But I seriously have NO excuse... like being pregnant (which is a great excuse, btw). Well, get better soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is hilarious! I know I shouldn't be laughing at your bad day.. Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete