Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Memory Stirs........



I woke up this morning and was kind of troubled. I didn't sleep at all last night and knew my subconscious was worried or stressed about something. I hate it when that happens. Especially when you don't even know what it is! Kevin saw my face when he got up and said, "Oh uh.......are you mad at me?" Haha! I totally wasn't, I just felt uneasy and tired and he totally read that all over my face. I reassured him that he didn't do anything wrong and that I wasn't mad :) As the morning went on I was playing with Sam and then wham! It suddenly hit me. I knew exactly what was making me so jumpy......

When I was pregnant with Sam I had the horrible experience of going thru kidney stones. My story is not your average kidney stone story and I'll just leave it at that. What struck me this morning though, is that it was a Thursday (because Matheson Dental doesn't work on Thursday's) so I was at home and I was 23 weeks pregnant when the pain suddenly came. Well my friends, today is THURSDAY and I am 23 WEEKS PREGNANT...............DUN DUN DUN!!!! How flip'n scary is that?!?!? I mean seriously?!?!?!?

I know that nothing will happen today (though I do worry every day about reliving that nightmare with this pregnancy) but it still is a spooky and eerie day for me. It was funny because Kevin even called and wanted to come home for lunch, which he NEVER does, and that's what he did that same day too! So I told him no way! Don't you dare come home! Stay at work!!! Hmmmmm...........ya maybe it does look like I am mad at him. Lol.

So there you go. If you see me and I seem a little on edge you will know why :) I haven't really blogged about my pregnancy yet so if you are curious I am 23 weeks along like I said and we are having a little girl in May! I'd post a "prego belly pic" of me, but I think that is weird and gross so you will just have to use your imagination ;) So far everything has been healthy and normal (besides the fact that I have 2 placentas......what the???) and she is definitely a little dancer :) During my big ultrasound they could barely see what they needed to see because she was all over the place! hehe! We are struggling in the name department (because we were so sure it was a boy) so any suggestions would be useful ;) Just because it is fun and on my mind right now, here are our favorite names........tell me which one you like best!

Dorothy Morgan Davis (nickname Dottie)
Gemma Faye Davis (Gem)
Margaret Jane Davis (Maggie, Mags, or Meg)
Dawn Rebecca Davis
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love those names!! Cute cute cute. Hope you get through the day alright..."Don't you dare come home!" Haha, poor Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky! So fun you are expecting again! And of course she is a little dancer, how could she not be with you as her Mama! Love all those names, so darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether I like a name or not is heavily dictated by whether I have named a chicken or puppy by that name (lol). Therefore, Maggie is out, but love Gem (and Dottie is a close second!)

    ReplyDelete