Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Park City

We just got home from our big Davis family reunion that took place up in Park City. It was SO much fun! I fell in love with the mountains, the food, the music, the shops, the cool fall air, the quaint streets, and of course my family :) 
 
Kevin's Grandparents paid for the entire trip....even any food or activities got reimbursed. Grandma Davis said she saved up for ten years to make this trip happen! I loved every second so here's a shout out to them for making it all possible. I made it a goal to capture all the fun moments (couldn't catch them all, but I did my best) so here are some pics of our fun trip!


                                   Our amazing room.......we stayed right on main street!
    
                                                               Our very own kitchen!


Nicest bathroom I'd ever seen.....I took three showers during our four day stay and I hate taking showers.....I usually never shower on vacation!


                  My own little nook to do my makeup....when we buy a house this is a must!

                                               
                                                                 Swimming time!

                                              Wonderful giant hot tub....Sam LOVED it :)
                                               
                              I loved it too, even though my face doesn't look like it in this pic ;)

                                     
 Full on party in the hot tub......even Great Grandpa Davis got in! This was probably my favorite moment during the whole trip :)

                Sam looking so sweet and innocent after keeping mommy and daddy awake all night.......          

                                                   Breakfast with the Warren family!

                                             
It was a swanky breakfast.....I ordered Eggs Benedict for the first time.......I described every bite as I was eating it, Master Chef style ;)

                                  
           Sam ate a chocolate croissant that I may or may not have finished for him......

                       Going shopping on main street.......Great Grandma Davis and Johnny


                     As we were shopping a random parade came down the street! Hysterical! 


                                                   Who loves Park City??? I do!!!!!!!!!!

                                                           Oh sorry.....Sam does too!!!


                                               But I think he loves mommy even more ;)

                                                                Taking a stroll.......


                             Kevin looked even more handsome then the big tough statue man ;)


                                                       Having so much fun exploring....


                                                Scott and Sheri and kids and Johnny :)


                                                 Our secret entrance into our hotel......


 This is the happiest I've seen Kevin in a long time....eating steak tacos on our balcony and playing his mandolin :)
                                My yummy lunch! (I think we ate Mexican every day.....haha!)


 The Alpine Slide!!! So much fun! (If you read Kevin's fb post then you know who won our "discussion")......we actually had a worker ride up the lift with us and when she asked us how old Sam was I immediately piped up and said, "He's two.....he turned two this month.....on the fifth.....he turned two on July 5th." Hehehe ;)


 Sam had so much fun on the slide he literally passed out on our way back to the hotel.....


                                            And I mean literally passed out! Bahahahaha!

                         So I have crappy feet, but after the slide they were really bad...........

                                           Gruesome close up......yes that is blood......


                So Kevin made me call and go to a wonderful Spa where I got my first pedicure!


 I booked a 30 minute pedicure but when they saw my feet they felt so bad for me so they gave me the hour long appointment for the same price!!! Freak Yah! I took this pic after they dipped my feet in scolding hot wax and wrapped them all up where I sat in bliss for twenty minutes......lets just say I don't think this will be my last pedicure ;)


 The end result! Cute!!! (I wish I had a video of me hobbling up the street back to the hotel....people couldn't help but snicker at me as I passed them.....hehe)


 Look at the difference! Now my heel is as smooth as a baby's _________.

 

                                 
Our last night there we all gathered together and Great Grandpa Davis told us stories of our family's genealogy....Kevin made fun of me later because I was the only one who got teary eyed and starting crying......even though I'm a Davis now I still have A LOT of McDonald in me. Lol ;)

                                      
                           We ate our last breakfast here before heading off to the outlets

 
Sam found a friend!

                                                                  What a sweet boy!!!

                                        The entire Davis family all together! Love this family!!!
  
                                        Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!! We love you!


(Kevin and I have a funny tradition where we come up with a phrase that we say over and over again during the trip to see if it catches on and others start saying it too. Last year on our McDonald family vacation it was "That's so web!".........no one even noticed or if they did then they totally ignored it.........This year we said "Freak YAH!" in a really funny low voice................. it didn't catch on or again maybe they all just ignored us........haha! Well, we have an entire year to come up with another super awesome one so maybe next year we will be successful!!)



5 comments:

  1. Loooooooove the pics!!!!!!! I wish I were there!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looked so fun!!! I want to know what happened on the Alpine Slide...did you have an accident?? Was that your first pedicure?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that was my first pedicure! Loved it! I wasn't ticklish at all!!! haha ;) So here is what Kevin posted on his fb page so you get it :)

    After reading that you must be 2 yrs old to ride the Alpine Slide:

    Me: I guess Sam can't go.
    Beckee: Yes he can! He's almost 2... How are they going to know the difference?
    Me: You know where liars go right?
    Beckee: Straight to hell... And we'll be riding the Alpine Slide all the way there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Freak YAH!!" hahaha oh that looked so fun!! sam gets cuter every blog :) i can totally imagine you and kevin playing a game like that! just makes me miss you guys more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandparents are so sweet! That is so funny about your feet they gave you extra time for the pedicure! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete