Sunday, July 8, 2012

Make em laugh

I've had a few experiences as of late that have been on my mind and keep making me giggle randomly so I thought if I wrote them down then maybe I'll be able to stop burst out laughing.......lets give it a go shall we???

One morning I woke up early and took a shower. I went downstairs to blow dry my hair (didn't want to wake up my boys) and I didn't realize that my blow dryer was clicked on full blast. I was holding it in a way that it was pointed directly at my face.....I'm sure you can see where this is going......I plugged it in the outlet and VRRRRUUUUMMMM! Totally scared me half to death! It all happened so fast that I didn't really even know what was happening. I simultaneously did some sort of ninja roll to get away while I threw the blow dryer at the wall. I gathered my senses and was finally able to go and turn it off. Luckily Sam and Kevin slept right through it all and I finally calmed down enough to dry my hair :)


I got pulled over for the first time in my life the other day. I saw the cop car flashing behind me and pulled over thinking he was going for someone in front of me. I sat and waited for him to pass but then noticed he was sitting right behind me. Crap. I had no clue what I had done. Apparently I had "rolled through a stop sign." It was all very embarrassing. He had to help me find my registration because I had no clue what it looked like, meanwhile I am babbling on about who knows what... making jokes here and there (I think at the time I was trying to flirt with him in hopes of getting out of a ticket) and then I had to sit and listen to him explain to me what a complete stop consists of and practice counting to five with him so I can remember how long to wait next time I am at a stop sign.......blah blah blah.......Basically now I have to call and schedule a time to go to court and plead guilty and pay the fine and all will be wiped clean. So crazy. I seriously must have looked like a complete idiot.....my car was filled to the brim with bins full of junk because during that time someone was looking at our place (he probably thought I was living in my car or something). I had Sam back there who was throwing goldfish crackers everywhere, making more of a mess, and laughing the whole time. Oh yes and of course then there was me, the dysfunctional young looking teenage mother whose life clearly must be completely and utterly out of control......wow I must be really bad at flirting.........would you have given a ticket to someone like me??? I know I wouldn't have!

Do you ever wonder how you would react in the face of danger? Well I always have and the other morning I got a glimpse of it....... Kevin and I said our goodbyes as he headed off to work and I went about my way and started to fold our bed. A couple minutes went by and I guess that Kevin forgot something so he came back inside. I didn't hear him come in or come up the stairs. I started walking towards my bedroom door when suddenly he opened it........so what did I do? How did I react? I plunged down in some awkward fetal position on the floor and didn't move. No attack stance or sudden grab for the nearest lamp to throw or hand thrust to the nose....nothing! I think me and Kevin learned a lot from this experience. Kevin may or may not have ordered me a taser online for me to use for my protection. Still wont do a lot of good from the fetal position on the ground ;)


I volunteered to play a musical number at a rehab facility in our area for a relief society lesson. I figured Sam would be fine since there would be other sisters there to help me out when I was playing. Pretty much the entire trip was a disaster. For the record I did my best trying to keep him quiet, happy, and maintained.We got there and Sam decided that all he wanted to do was pound on the piano. I got him away from that and encouraged him to play chess. All was fine until he started throwing all the chess pieces all over the room during the prayer and opening hymn. I heard some little lady there ask if there was percussion being played during the song. Ha! Then he decided that wasn't fun anymore so he began to throw the pool table balls everywhere. Those poor old ladies were ducking left and right trying to avoid his surprisingly good arm while I was scrambling to catch the balls and stop him from throwing them. Then I get up to play and he loses it. Completely breaks down and starts screaming hysterically. Cute sister Dudley tried everything to help calm him down....at one point he was sitting on the piano bench with me but he was grabbing and clawing at me so she took him out and probably went as far as you could go but we could still hear his loud screams. I finished playing (didn't miss a single note I might add) and she brings him in and he stops crying the second I take him in my arms. I made eye contact with the relief society President and her face basically said, "LEAVE NOW PLEASE!!!" So we did just that :) Not sure if I'll get asked to help again anytime soon......


So there you have it. Pretty funny stuff I must say so myself ;) I hope my weird little life brings a little laughter into yours. Speaking of laughter, here is a funny video I took of Sam yesterday. Both me and Sam laugh pretty hard every time we watch it......hope you do too :)











 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that piano playing experience seemed eerily familiar! That's like my life story! I'm the primary pianist and I seem to always be juggling between a fussy child and playing and embarrassing displays.... it's awesome!
    Your story about being pulled over and the fetal position defense mode made me laugh!
    Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide what's funnier... you or how Kevin responds to you! Haha... so the fetal position was so unnerving for him that he got you a taser. Sooooo funny!

    I got a glimpse once of how Marshall would react. When we were dating, Steve came bounding around the corner with a big Picachu disguise and it was so sudden, Marshall almost punched Steve in the face, then somehow his brain told him to abort and he turned and ran up the stairs, all without spilling his glass of water. A girly scream may or may not have squeaked out. Oh my goodness... we all about died laughing on the floor for about 10 minutes.

    Glad you didn't punch Kevin in the face. Hopefully you won't tase him either. lol

    ReplyDelete