Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Uno Mas???

So you know how you have certain qualities that are a little quirky and kind of weird? Well, they don't really seem to be much of a big deal or too bothersome until you see those traits in your own child. For those of you who know me you know that I have a very addictive personality. Me and my sister have always said that it is a good thing that we don't drink or do drugs because we would be hardcore addicts. Luckily I have been addicted to pretty harmless stuff in my life. Here are some examples.......


 *From sophmore to senior year it was watching You've got mail every night before I went to bed.
 *My college years I couldn't stop eating liquorish......seriously couldn't stop.....ate it every day.
 *Every night I have to do my little pilates routine before I go to bed or I can't sleep because I feel guilty.
 *The Office....this is an on going battle....I love The Office and I re-watch all the seasons all the time.
 *And right now I'm addicted to cookies. They just sound good all the time! Gah! (I'm still on the lookout for those stinkin girl scouts!!!)


So looking at this list makes me think that I may have a little obsessive compulsive disorder in me as well as an addictive personality....??? Hmmmm......well anyways, (lets focus on one problem at a time) I think you catch my drift :) So lately Sam has a new thing that he absolutely LOVES and it is all he wants to do ALL THE TIME. We have a t.v. at the foot of our bed so Sam will crawl up and get the remote control and turn the t.v. on and wallah! What comes on?!? Something he loves even more then me............


 

MEGAMIND. He is obsessed! He loves the opening scene where it shows Megamind as a baby and him growing up. He wants to watch it over and over and over again. I keep thinking he will get bored of it, but it is only getting worse! Help! I'm not sure what to do....I totally understand because I do the same thing, but at the same time I can still function and don't throw tantrums if I'm not watching it. Sheesh! What am I to do? This poor boy has my weird disorder and I don't know how to help him. I guess I should go to Kevin with this problem, after all he has dealt with it for the past 5+ yrs so maybe he has a little insight ;) If anyone else has any advice it would be much appreciated!





5 comments:

  1. You watched You've Got Mail every night?? HAHAHAHAHAA!!!! Excuse me. Good luck. Clara is addicted to Dora. Hopefully it's just a toddler thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Ok so your comment just made me burst out laughing! Yes I watched it every night!!! I love that movie so much ;) I hope it will end soon....he isn't functioning! haha!

      Delete
  2. What about home videos? My kids love to watch movies of themselves on our computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Megamind!! I think it's hysterical. Hehehe. We all have our things, I guess!

    ReplyDelete