Tuesday, February 14, 2012

30 Flirty and Thriving

I've always loved February because there are two fun days I get to celebrate back to back.....Kevin's birthday and Valentines Day! It's such a fun time and this year was especially fun because Kevin turned 30!!! Looks like I'm married to an old man now....good thing I've always been attracted to older men ;) hehe! So Kevin's birthday was pretty monumental to us ending up together so if you don't mind, let me take you back six years..................

Kevin and I had been on a few dates and everything was going pretty slowly and then his birthday came. He invited me to go to a big party he was having at his parents house. I went all by myself, which is not at all like me, and I didn't know a soul there except for Kevin. Still to this day I can't believe I was brave enough to go! I don't remember a whole lot about that night except for the very end of the party.....it all came down to me and one other girl who was still there. I remember thinking "There is NO way that I am leaving before this girl goes..." and I am proud to say that I didn't. I stayed there for all hours into the night until FINALLY she left. Then it was just me and Kevbev :) Nothing happened that night (no exciting first kiss or even holding hands) but I think for me it was the first night that I realized that I wanted to fight for Kevin. So that is exactly what I did.....I fought......(until he quickly fell under my spell and was ensnared in my boo trap forever!!!) Mwahahahaha!!! ;)

For Kevin's birthday we had a big family dinner on Saturday night where my awesome family gave him the best presents he said he has ever gotten. He has literally been so giddy with happiness so thank you all! On Monday we went out to dinner just the two of us and it was wonderful. Kevin's parents watched Sam and the kitchen at the restaurant caught on fire so it literally took us about three hours to eat and get home.........we didn't really mind :) We came home and ate our dessert (which they gave us on the house) and watched Planet of the Apes. Am I weird or did anyone else want the monkeys to kill everyone and take over the planet??? I mean seriously! Go monkeys!!! Anyways, it was a fun birthday and today has been great as well. I woke up to find this.........
Pretty sweet huh? It made me cry......Kevin got nervous and asked, "Is this a good cry or a bad cry?" Haha.....I'll let you decide which one you think it was ;) Happy Valentines Day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Holy crap... You are the funniest person on the planet!!!

    "ensnared in my boo trap forever"
    "Go monkeys!"

    Hahaha... So glad you outlasted the other girl and claimed your territory... We love Kev Bev... (even when he makes he rest of seem nerdy because he's. Just. So. Cool!) Happy V Day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Becca! I'm glad you got your claws in him. And if there's a mass monkey break-out at our local zoo, I'll know who to blame... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! This was funnnny, Lauren...

      Delete
    2. Hey wait a sec......you can't comment on MY comment! Get out of here! Hahaha ;)

      Delete
    3. Comment, comment, comment ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like February is a good month in your house!
    Loved the "blast from the past" story! It's always fun to hear how people met and when you "knew" he was worth fighting for.

    P.S. We should definitely do a Downton Abbey party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.....that's so cute. if i wasn't in cedar city i totally would have gone with you but it probably would have been super awkward if i stayed while your flirted with kevin ;) hehe i miss you both!

    ReplyDelete