Sunday, April 13, 2014

April

I know we are only a few weeks into April, but I feel like so much has happened so I thought I would share what's been going on....

The month started out perfectly with the best April fools ever! Oh man did I fool all of you!!! If you missed what I did then here you go-- I posted this pic on fb and said...


Our family night was full of mixed emotions last night. Kevin has been accepted as a candidate to get a PHD in communications at the university of Denver! Look out Denver here we come! I like the sound of doctor Davis ;)

Kevin got calls all day and so did I. It was great! Then I got multiple emails and texts from our primary president and she told me she was in tears! That is when I knew it needed to end.....ha! I am still getting comments from people asking when we are leaving! Bahahahaha! So fun! I also put this little guy in Steven and Siena's bathroom.....


They figured out it was me who put it there pretty quick, BUT they thought that I was the one who took the pregnancy test.....(which it was me actually!)......Gah!!! Exciting huh?!? Did I honestly just fool you again??? Haha! Jk! My pregnant sister in law took the test for me the night before ;) Oh how I love April fools. Can't wait for next year :)

The week got progressively worse. The bishop came over and asked me to be the YW camp director for our ward. Yikes. I've been pretty anxious/nervous about it for the last couple of weeks, but after church today I feel much more calm and excited about it all. It's going to be great! I'm really excited! Kevin is thrilled because he thinks this means that I am going to go up into the mountains with him and learn how to use knives and go hiking and start a fire with my bare hands. I'm not sure how callings work and what blessings can come in times of need, but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to do all that and that my fear of bugs and bears will go away....but you never know ;) 

Then Friday came. Worst day ever. I was feeding Jane in her booster chair and doing the dishes when she scooted herself back and fell backwards in her chair off the kitchen counter. It all happened in a blink of an eye. I keep hearing the crash of the fall and it makes me sick. I seriously thought she broke her neck. We took her to her doctor and he sent us right up to primary's. They did some X-rays and she broke her right clavicle. Every time I had to explain what happened I lost it. There is a reason they say to never put your child on an elevated surface (even if they are securely strapped in like she was) so if you ever do this then please stop!!! This accident was totally inexcusable. I am just so grateful that she wasn't more hurt. Here is a pic so you can see what NOT to do and just how high she fell....


She is doing ok, but sleeping has been really rough. She is the toughest little girl I know! Love her so much. Here she is after we got home from the hospital. Even though she had every reason to be mad at me she still cuddled and slept in my arms :(


Fast forward a week later and it's Friday April 11th. A day I had waited SO long for. My sister Morgan and I had tickets to see CBT's ballet, Sleeping Beauty. I was so excited for this night because 1- it's a whole night with my most favorite person in the world, my Morgie! 2- we were going to the ballet! (one of my other most favorite things in the world) and 3- ten years ago I performed in that ballet and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It's a very special ballet to me because I was the Lilac Fairy. It is one of the most beautiful principal roles you can have in a ballet. I performed it my last year with CBT and the time they did it before that my sister was also the Lilac Fairy. Years before her my amazing ballet teacher Stacey danced the part......so as you can imagine it holds a very special place in our hearts :) 

Watching it was pretty incredible and very hard. From the moment the music came on I felt like these last ten years never happened and that I was the one who was supposed to come on stage. I could remember all the choreography.....it all came back. Oh how I loved dancing that part! Seriously every step and every arm was so beautiful and felt so perfect. When I thought the night couldn't get any more emotional they called Morgan and I to the stage at the end of the show and recognized us for being the previous Lilac Fairies. I was actually standing center stage again and oh it was wonderful! Even though it hurt my heart greatly, it was a moment I'll never forget. Soooo grateful that I have my incredible sister and that we could share such a precious night together! She gets it and knows and has felt everything that I have ever known or felt. Love her. Don't know what I would do without her! Here are some pics of that special night....




Four generations of Lilac Fairies

Oh and here is me! Hehe!!!! Kind of fun ;)

I don't know what to expect for the rest of April.....it's been full of so many emotions already.....hopefully the rest of the month will be pretty mellow and uneventful ;) I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!!!!



Oh and if any of you have been wondering, Sam is still not potty trained........like I said, hopefully the rest of the month will be pretty mellow and uneventful ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh… poor little Jane… BUT ACCIDENTS HAPPEN. Trust me--there's nothing we can do to always protect these little ones. What matters is that you acted quickly and got her the care she needed!

    And holy crap… all those pictures make me cry! I love them. I love YOUR Lilac Fairy picture… it's SO pretty. And I'll never forget watching that performance. I can still see it perfectly in my mind. It was so beautiful and you were SO amazing.

    SO grateful for good memories and good moments in life!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with morgan, accidents happen. i'm so glad little jane is okay. i have broken 4 bones and i still turned out alright :)
    i'm so sad i couldn't come with you to sleeping beauty :( that was our senior show!!! so many good memories!

    ReplyDelete