Thursday, November 10, 2011

Waiting.....


Everyone goes to the Doctor and let me say that going to the Doctor is an experience in itself, but I feel like everyone has had the same experience that I had today. So a long story short, I had kidney stones while I was pregnant so they told me to come in sometime before my next pregnancy- let me stop you right there and tell you that this is not an announcement by any means- and get an x ray to make sure there are no more stones and that I am in the clear and good to go. So today I went to get that done. They sent me downstairs to get the x ray and then I came back up and waited and waited and waited and yes, waited some more to see what the Doctor had to say.

Now I ended up waiting for an hour and sitting for a whole hour gives you quite a bit of time to look around and notice some things. The first thing I couldn't help but observe was the other people in the waiting room (yes I totally pretended to "read" a magazine while I was secretly spying on everyone around me). It seems to me that every time I am in a waiting room there are always these different types of people:

1) The sweet old couple sitting together- Check! And it actually turned out to be my old crossing guard from Rosecrest! He was so sweet. I think I made his day by thanking him for helping me cross the street :) hehe!
2) The "hot" girl who acts like she is too good to be there- I mean seriously! Obviously you aren't perfect because you need to see a Doctor......
3) The young couple making out- Ok, so they weren't making out but they were a little too snugly for comfort.
4) The creepy man that you keep making eye contact with- uggghhhh!
5) The man wearing a toupee- I couldn't help but wonder if that really was his real hair...??? Never figured it out.
6) The nervous girl popping her fingers and any other bone on her body that could possibly pop.
7) And finally the mom with the crying baby- This one is hard for me to watch. She is trying everything she can to quiet her baby but nothing works and there is nothing anyone can do to help her and take away her stress. Terrible!

So which one of these people do you think I am??? I'm sure that right away you immediately thought that I must be the "hot" girl but I'm sorry to say that you guessed wrong . I know, shocker right? ;) I got a baby sitter so I wasn't the stressed out mom this time. So that leaves....... the girl popping every bone on her body! Ding ding ding!!! I tend to get extremely nervous and start thinking the worst, especially when I have a whole HOUR to be alone with my head!

So they FINALLY called me back and as I'm walking I see half the nurses and Doctors standing around laughing together. There is no way that they could have been totally oblivious that there were a dozen people out there waiting to be seen. After I refused to give a urine sample (I didn't need to "go" and I was a little grumpy from all the waiting) the Doctor comes in and we talk for a whole whopping five minutes and then I'm ushered out and on my way home. Sheesh! This whole process drives me crazy. Is anyone else with me or am I the only one? Shouldn't the ratio of Doctor time vs. waiting time side heavily with the Doctor? Yes, I think it should. Oh well....I do have good news though! No stones to pulverize! Woot woot! What a relief! That news definitely made the whole morning worth it :) As I walked out the door my doctor yelled to me "now go and have a baby!" ...........slowly the grumpiness started trickling back..........lol.






4 comments:

  1. haha I love this post....in fact, I love all of your posts!! I spent a day at the doctor just yesterday and surprisingly the wait time wasn't terrible. But there were still tons of nurses just shooting the breeze when I walked back.

    Congrats on no kidney stones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I'm dying! DYING!!!!!

    LOL... The characterizations are so right on! Seriously! *laughs*

    And pffft! You're totally the hot girl... or the teenage girl everyone's wondering why she's in there during school hours... *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man. the worst is waiting an hour for the girly doctor.....enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally thought you were the PDA couple until I reread the post and realized Kevin wasn't there. lol... so fun and hooray! With that good news we'll be eagerly analyzing every single knuckle pop and comment for signs of another announcement... ha!

    ReplyDelete